|Start Date||:||17 August, 2013 to 18 August, 2013|
|Presenter/s||:||Keynote Presenter : Denise Gagne|
|Venue||:||Genazzano FCJ College
Cotham Road, Kew, Victoria
'Learning Through Musical Play'
This is an International standard conference right here in Melbourne! It is geared to pre-school teachers, primary school teachers, care givers, special needs teachers, family day care workers, therapists, parents, maternal and child health nurses and anyone interested in working creatively with young children 0- 8 years. There will be workshops and presentations promoting 'hands on' and 'learning by doing'. There will also be a number of traders and exhibitors in attendance giving you the opportunity to purchase items and resources at special ECCPA prices!
The conference will:
- Reinforce the benefits of music and the arts for a musical journey
- Explore holistic education for young children
- Provide outstanding professional development for participants
- Boost your confidence and renew your enthusiasm in areas of creative expression such as singing, dancing, percussion instruments, language and play
- Provide ways of integrating creative arts concepts into many aspects of daily activities
- Provide outstanding opportunities to network with others in this special field
- Provide the opportunity to view and buy a wonderful range of resources
KEYNOTE PRESENTER - DENISE GAGNE
Denise Gagné is a music specialist with 25 years of experience teaching band, choir and classroom music from pre-school to Grade 12. She has degrees in music and education, as well as Level 3 training in both Kodály and Orff. Her choirs and bands have won many awards at Music Festivals and have performed for local and national sporting events, on national radio and even for the Queen. She has been a workshop presenter in every Canadian province and territory and more than 43 states. She presents regularly for Orff and Kodály chapters, music educators conferences and preschool and kindergarten conferences in Canada, the USA, Asia, Europe and Australia! Denise is currently the managing editor of Themes & Variations. Denise is the author or editor of more than 80 publications for K- 6 music teachers including the Musicplay K-6 Elementary Music Curriculum.
For general enquiries:
Heather Monro: 03 5941 5808
Melissa Dods: 03 9849 0501
For registration/trader enquiries: